Yard Operative – Bruton
We are looking for a Yard Operative to work mainly at our depot in Bruton (Somerset) but also at any or our other depots: Milborne St Andrew (Dorset) and Stoford (Wiltshire), when required.
You will be responsible for organising vehicles and equipment in a manner that ensures operational efficiency, safety and security. You will carry out a wide variety of tasks, whether you are moving equipment for sale or demonstration, or preparing a machine for collection, no two days are the same. The role will focus on the work required at our depots including their general upkeep and running collections/deliveries between them. This is a physically demanding job involving mostly working outdoors.
- Maintaining the depot outdoor space and keeping a tidy yard.
- Collection and delivery of tractors and other equipment.
- Cleaning and preparation of vehicles and machinery ready for sale/delivery.
- Support Sales so machinery is correctly displayed, organised and ready for sale.
- Emptying bins, cleaning and general tidying of workshops and yards.
- Assist with stocktaking when required.
- Ensure health and safety procedures and all company polices are adhered to.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Personable, able to maintain good working relationships.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Physical skills like movement, coordination and dexterity.
- Willingness to learn new skills such as tractor driving. Training will be provided.
- Experience driving tractors.
- Telehandler / Forklift Certification
- Working knowledge of agricultural machinery.
- Salary: £9 to £11 per hour depending on skills and experience.
- Company sick pay after 1 year of employment.
- Your Birthday off.
- Modern and friendly working environment.
- Work wear.
- Employee discount.
- Opportunity for progression.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org